Detoxification? Do You Need It?
One of the more common questions I’m asked by my patients is whether they need to detox.
Since we are in Spring, and now is the time to detox, I thought I’d give my views on the subject.
Given all the toxic chemicals in the environment, and less then perfect diet most of us have, it is in fact a good idea to do a gentle detox program.
1. Acupuncture – focusing on the liver, kidneys and colon. Acupuncture goes a long way to help in detoxification.
2. Chinese Herbs – a good Chinese formula is very helpful in helping the body to detox.
3. Lemon or Lime Juice daily – take a tablespoon or two twice daily of organic lemon or lime juice in warm water to stimulate the liver to detox.
4. Green Drink – you can either do some juicing (emphasizing beets and green leafy vegees) or add an organic green drink daily.
5. A Healthy Diet – cut out fried foods, sugar, excessive sweets, refined carbohydrates, and excessive fats. Try and eat as much organic, fresh foods as possible.
6. Homeopathic Nux vomica 12C or 30C – this homeopathic is a specific for the liver and will help quite a bit in your detox.
7. If you have digestive issues of any type you may want to consider adding an anti-parasite herb to your program. Many people have parasites and don’t realize it. We can also do a stool test if you want to know for sure. Symptoms of parasites include headaches, skin rashes, acne, and other skin problems, gas, bloating, or stomach pain.
8. Take a good probiotic daily, and digestive enzyme with each meal.
One week on the detox program should be plenty of time for this.