The other day, I almost lost a close friend of mine. She is someone I’ve been very close to for many years. She decided to go off her medication for depression and she was having severe withdrawl symptoms and feeling very lethargic, impulsive, sad, weepy, depressed, and out of balance.
We talked and I shared with her that homeopathy would be very effective at helping her through this transitionary period. She quickly snapped back at me that homeopathy might work for other people, but that it has never worked for her.
It made me think how hard it is to convince some people of the effectiveness of homeopathy, even those people I am close to.
I tried to tell her that the reason it didn’t work in the past was because she had never been to a good homeopath, but had only tried over the counter homeopathic remedies. But she remained convinced in that it doesn’t work for her.
I have actually heard this a lot from people who don’t know much about homeopathy, or who confuse homeopathy with herbal medicine or nutritional supplements.
But in fact, I have never once seen homeopathy not work when it is prescribed correctly. So I have written this article to explain why it doesn’t work, for those of you, who like my friend, have had unsuccessful experiences with it.
(Note: Homeopathy is NOT herbs. The word Homeopathy in this article only refers to the little white sugar pills that go under the tongue, first discovered by Samuel Hahneman in Germany about 200 years ago. This article does not relate to any other types of supplements or herbs, nor any other natural types of treatments.)
HERE ARE THE TOP 10 REASONS HOMEOPATHY DOES NOT WORK!!!
1. You were given the wrong homeopathic remedy – Many “homeopaths” have only taken a few weekend courses, and don’t really know how to select the right remedy.
2. You were given the right remedy in the wrong potency – There are many strengths, or potencies, of homeopathic remedies. They range from 3X, 6X, 12X, 3C, 6C, 12C, and 30C on up to 200C, 1M, 10M, and 50M, CM, LM and beyond. You may have taken a remedy that was right for you, but the potency was wrong. In this case it wouldn’t work.
3. You stopped taking the remedy too soon or you took it too often – Just like in a chess game; you must have the patience to complete the game. Many people stop the remedy too soon when they don’t see improvement. Others, despite my instructions, repeat the remedy too frequently, not giving the body an opportunity to respond.
4. You didn’t communicate to your homeopath the changes that occurred when you took your remedy – Unlike Western doctors, most of the information a homeopath uses to prescribe your remedy, actually comes from you. If you don’t communicate accurately all the little nuances of changes that are occurring while you take your remedy, the homeopath won’t have the data he needs to prescribe accurately.
5. You swallowed your remedy – Remember that for a homeopathic remedy to work, you must place it under your tongue and/or suck on it. If you touch the pills or swallow them, there is a very good chance that they won’t work.
6. You didn’t wait a minimum of 20 minutes before and after your took the homeopathic remedy, without putting anything else in your mouth – Remember, that you must have nothing in your mouth for at least 20 minutes, for your remedy to work effectively — including water.
7. You were given a “combination” homeopathic remedy – some “homeopaths” use combination remedies with 3, 6, 8 or more homeopathic remedies in one pill. This isn’t really the kind of homeopathy that will deeply heal you and your ills, and more often than not, it won’t work. If the homeopath is not extensively trained in homeopathy, he or she might use combination remedies out of convenience. But don’t judge its effectiveness based on a combination remedy. Although it might bring some relief, it often will not.
8. You drink a lot of coffee, ate a lot of mints, used commercial mint toothpaste, or got dental work – Anything that affects your nervous system may lesson the effects of your homeopathic remedy. Be sure to tell your homeopath so he or she can assess exactly what is going on.
9. You keep your homeopathic remedies next to your TV set, microwave, or near some other strong electrical device or electro-magnetic field – Remember that homeopathic remedies are made from very small amounts or either plant, animal or mineral substances, and can easily be ruined if subjected to long-standing, strong, energy fields.
10. You didn’t tell your homeopath everything going on with you – Remember that without all the information, a homeopath cannot be expected to select the right remedy. This includes ALL your physical ailments, even if you only want one of them to be cured. And also tell him or her about your emotions and psychological stresses. The more detailed the information, the better. If there is some little hidden fact you would much prefer NOT to share, then this IS the one thing you SHOULD share. Remember, everything is interconnected in homeopathy. The best thing to do is to bring in a long list for your homeopath of everything that you have ever had problems with in your ife, from childhood on up, including all physical and emotional trauma.
Conclusion: Homeopathy is DEFINITELY not for everybody!!!! Most people do not have the patience to report their symptoms accurately nor the self- awareness to know what is going on with themselves. In these cases, just rely on acupuncture, vitamin supplements, and herbs. But if you want to explore the deeper, and most effective aspects of the healing spectrum, then you really owe it to yourself to give homeopathy a chance. Otherwise, like my friend, you will be under the misconception that homeopathy just doesn’t work for you; while in reality, you never really gave it a chance!